Aunt Norma's

Get Rid of Pantry Moths!!

Hi, everyone- just post your comment or question here by selecting the "comment" button underneath any post at all- I will receive the comment and it will open up the question to advice and shared experiences from other members of the forum as well.

9 Comments to Get Rid of Pantry Moths!!:

Comments RSS
olivia baker on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:09 AM
HELP me please I never had had these we thought we had a flying bug coming into the house till I checked my pantry girl I was shocked infested we threw out everything yesterday I have the larva now in the crackes of my cab. I washed it down put traps in but I want to order your spray and I will this week but what about the ones we see flying around the house we swqp them but I am freaking out will they get everywhere
Reply to comment

Aunt Norma on Monday, September 08, 2014 11:00 AM
OK, first of all... calm down... it's going to be OK!! I had the same reaction when I found these buggers in my pantry, it's awful...but you need to keep in mind that these moths really are harmless. Gross as it is, they won't hurt you and they aren't dirty, don't carry disease, etc. Once you have them- it seems like they have already taken over the house, but you have already taken the first step by cleaning and purging. The trap will start to slow down the reproducing, and then when you get the spray the moths are REALLY doomed ;-) Another trick to get rid of the females (who are not killed by the trap) is to place a glass of wine out at night- like most single females I know, the moths seem to love a nice sip of wine and in the morning you will likely find that this "home made trap" has caught a lot of them!

Nicole on Friday, September 05, 2014 3:25 AM
Hello! I just wanted to make sure that this will be non-toxic for my cat? Thank you so much for your help. I'm looking forward to receiving your product in the mail! Before I begin using it, I wanted to make sure my kitty will be safe.
Reply to comment

Aunt Norma on Monday, September 08, 2014 11:12 AM
HI, and thank you for your interest and your order. Although there is some controversy about the safety of essential oils and pets, the essential oils that I use are safe, aside from the general debate, because of the concentration levels. The info I have found concerns using stronger or straight oils, and the only one that is questionable is cedar. It is best to consult your veterinarian for a professional opinion, but I use the spray in a household with a tiny dog AND a cat, and there is no issue. Use common sense precautions, though... don['t spray ON your cat or the cat's food, bedding, toys, etc. The spray is NOT safe around birds, who have very delicate respiratory systems.

Barb on Friday, September 05, 2014 6:20 AM
Hi, I was reading about your spray. It says "not recommended" around birds. Does that mean, in the bird cage or close to the bird cage? Also, if the answer is "close to the cage"? How long is it dangerous? Thanks
Reply to comment

Aunt Norma on Monday, September 08, 2014 11:27 AM
I would not use the spray at all in a household with birds. In my research, I have discovered that birds have very delicate respiratory systems that are affected by the aromas/ fumes from essential oils. I do not know to what degree the oils in my spray affect birds- but my policy is better safe then sorry when it comes to our beloved pets. You should try a pantry moth trap, and if all else fails do some research on tricogramma wasps- they eat pantry moth eggs ;-)

Donna on Monday, September 08, 2014 6:50 AM
I get one or two every 4 or five days and they are coming from the basement so I keep the door closed. How would I use your product in the basement?
Reply to comment

Aunt Norma on Monday, September 08, 2014 10:27 AM
If you are worried about the pantry moths coming up from the basement, I would treat the basement as if the infestation were already in your kitchen... b/c that's where it's headed. Try to find the source if you can, and even if you cannot, go through and make sure that you don't have any food items or petfood stored where pantry moths could feed off of it. Place a pantry moth trap in the basement; and spray Aunt Norma's Pantry Moth Spray upstairs around the cupboards. This should take care of the problem- give it a couple weeks for the moths to die off, and hopefully you won't ever have to deal with a full-blown infestation.

Stephanie on Friday, December 19, 2014 1:23 PM
Hello Aunt Norma, I have another question for you--my main desk area is in my kitchen, and there are so many papers I cannot throw away! I am purging some and spraying the others and freezing for at least 5 days! We have winter, and a covered, but no walls back porch, plus 3 freezers. I absolutely need to bring papers back in, and new mail comes in daily. I've only seen 1 moth in a desk drawer. If I bring all papers back in and keep paper towels saturated with spray inside, would that work? Finally, I keep little tips for cooking, etc. (I have many food issues) taped inside my cupboards, and have done the same to those papers. I have "cooked" all the cookbooks that were 100% paper, and sprayed/froze plastic-covered papers in notebooks.
Reply to comment