Aunt Norma's

How to Get Rid of Pantry Moths

Question:  Hi- can you tell me if the Pantry Moth Spray Kills Pantry moth eggs and larvae as well as the adult moths? And also, how do you use it/ how does it work?  thnx

Aunt Norma:  Yes, it will kill any larvae and eggs that it comes into contact with.  The problem with this, though, is that because even one female moth can lay up to 300 microscopic eggs per day, it is practically impossible to get all the eggs.  The way to deal with this is through a system that I have developed that gets rid of the pantry moth infestation permanently by interrupting their breeding practices and keeping them away from any source of food.  This is best accomplished in the following steps:

1).  Clean out the cabinets and any areas where food, bird seed, or pet food is stored.

2).  Spray Aunt Norma's Pantry moth spray to cover all areas.  Leave the cabinet doors open overnight or long enough to dry.

3).  Place any food that will be returning to the cupboard into glass airtight containers, and/ or place anything that you can in the freezer.  You want to keep any moths that will hatch in a week or so (from eggs that were not killed by the spray) from getting back into any food.  The scent of the spray deters any hatched adult moths from returning to the areas where the scent still lingers.  This is why is works in two ways:  to kill the eggs/ larvae and adult moths, and to also repel moths from returning to the food and starting the whole cycle all over again.

4).  I always recommend that my customers also use a pantry moth trap.  I sell them online (you can purchase the spray and the trap in a "Pantry Moth Kit") or you can simply pick up a trap at any major home and hardware store (like Home Depot).  The trap lures and kills adult males so that the breeding cycle will be interrupted.

This way, as you can see, the moth infestation doesn't stand a chance.  The other methods don't work because they only deal with the CURRENT moths, and ignore the potential for missed eggs (which can honestly be anywhere in the home... I once found some moth larvae behind the glass of a picture frame in my living room!!).  The "second round hatching" is a common reason for what is perceived as a re-infestation, when in fact is is still part of the original infestation that wasn't dealt with properly.   Aunt Norma'ssystem deals with the infestation in a more holistic way that ensures that your moths will be gone for good.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any more questions or if I can be of further assistance in any way.

7 Comments to How to Get Rid of Pantry Moths:

Comments RSS
terry on Monday, March 23, 2015 1:24 PM
Should we keep or disgard old food from pantry…i.e..e cereal, oatmeal etc...
Reply to comment

Nadine on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:39 PM
Can the kitchen bug spray be used on the pantry moths too?
Reply to comment

Hilda Brown on Sunday, August 09, 2015 6:20 PM
Okay...on the bright side, we used to keep our big bag of rice in the coat closet, in the living room. So, as far as I can see, they never infested our food, just our coats! All coats have been removed and have been washed. the closet is empty and was sprayed recently because every night I kept seeing one or two moths in there. This Wednesday will be 4 weeks since I found the infested rice and today I just killed one in the kitchen. I immediately (4 weeks ago) put all food in airtight containers (spent over $500)... just bought your spray. Do I spray only in pantry and closet. Or...do I need to spray every cabinet in my kitchen? I did find two dead moths in the cabinet where I keep my plates..no food in there!
Reply to comment

Nicole Noel on Saturday, October 03, 2015 2:38 PM
Hi I have been having pantry moth problems in my kitchen. I purchased your trap and spray. I threw away all food in cupboard and rewashed all dishes and stored them in a different room in house. I cleaned all walls and ceilings and cupboards inside and out with hot soapy water then used your spray. Its been one full day that I have done this and seen a larva on ceiling is this normal to be seeing after I sprayed? Out of spray going to order more. would like to put stuff in cupboards but not I leery about it.
Reply to comment

Roxy on Friday, April 08, 2016 2:41 PM
I have a large walk-in pantry. Unfortunately I was completely unaware of pantry moths. I unknowingly placed a sealed package of bird seed in the pantry which subsequently led to an infestation of pantry moths. I took no chances. I threw EVERYTHING out. I was completely freaked out. I scrubbed all shelves with soap and water. I then THOROUGHLY drenched the walls, shelves, ceiling with Aunt Norma's Pantry Moth Spray. I used 3 complete bottles. For the last few days I have misted shelves, etc. with the spray. I also have a pantry moth trap in the pantry. I have found no moths in the trap, but it seems like every day I find between 2 and 4 moths. They are not flying, appear very immature and are oftentimes dead when I find them. I am checking the pantry about every 30 minutes. How many days shall I expect to see moths after the thorough cleaning and absolute DRENCHING of all surfaces and crevices with the Pantry Moth Spray? This has been a horrific experience and has resulted in almost obsessive checking of the pantry. I am also going to suggest to the Wild Bird Store (an upscale bird food/accessories/feeders etc. store) that they should post a sign informing customers not to store any bird food inside the home. I hope you can give me a good time frame within which I should no longer see these darn creatures! Thank you in advance for your response!
Reply to comment

Richard on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:06 PM
Hello Dear author! I read your article, and I think it very well both for the beginner in this, such as i! So as i say later, i'm new at this, and i want to ask some question, with your permission, can i use herbal repellent as a way to get rid of moths, or maybe the method to prevent them? Or maybe another repellent (cedar or something else)! Thanks!
Reply to comment

Dinesh K. Kumar on Saturday, March 11, 2017 6:01 AM
Hi, these are some really good tips for getting rid of these pantry moths. I personally prefer traps, because I don't want to kill them.
Reply to comment